Since the introduction of the Keyport Pivot back in 2016, we have wanted to provide you with a complementary alternative to the Slide... a premium Swiss Army style key organizer that holds your current set of keys along with our wide selection of Modules and pocket tool Inserts.
We reviewed all of the feedback you have given us over the past few years and have integrated it into this next version of the Pivot. But we didn't just take into account your feedback; we reviewed feedback from other key organizers and incorporated that as well. We think that the Pivot 2.0 will set a new standard for Swiss Army key holders and other keychain alternatives.
Unlike other key organizers, the Pivot 2.0 is not just two pieces of metal sandwiching your keys between some screws that constantly come loose. The Pivot 2.0's unique features are machined to the finest tolerances to work with our proprietary anti-rotation mechanism and unique Modules and Pocket Tools Inserts. Holding up to eight keys and tools on the inside and numerous modular configurations with custom Faceplates and Modules (OmniFob, NEBA Knife, MOCA II, WeeLINK, Pocket Flare, etc.), that snap onto either side of the chassis. It is the most advanced EDC system available.
Pivot 2.0 Beta Tester Feedback
We made some significant updates to the Pivot, and beta testing feedback thus far has been excellent.
"The Pivot 2.0 is definitely a step-up. TPU band is perfect!" ~ Mark
"I am rough on all my toys, but the Keyport has been good so far. Love the TPU, feels much sturdier and pleasant in the pocket." ~ Matt
"The end cap is such a perfect change. This is a premium product. Well Done." ~ Craig
"Great upgrades."~ Dan
Pivot 2.0 Updates include:
- Replaced metal band with durable and streamlined TPU band. TPU, otherwise known as Thermoplastic Polyurethane, is often referred to as the bridge between rubber and plastic. The material appears rubber-like, which means it can be extremely flexible and smooth to the touch.
- Replaced small D-ring with more robust D-ring. The feedback we received was that while it was nice to be able to lock the D-ring down when not in use, more people wanted a larger D-ring to connect a wide range of carabiners to it, not just the tiniest ones.
- Replaced metal spacers with Delrin
- Stronger and more durable including the aluminum anodizing
- Simplified setup - We have created one of the easiest, if not the easiest setup, of any key organizer
- Available in stainless steel (Spectrum) and titanium in addition to aircraft grade aluminum
Titanium Keyport Pivot 2.0 with Glass Bead Blast Natural Finish
Building Upon Pivot 1.0 Strengths
The Pivot 2.0 has retained the trademark features of the original including:
- Modularity - Ability to snap on our tool & tech modules (including our new OmniFob Smart Remote Module) to both sides of the chassis
- Custom Faceplates - Ability to snap on custom faceplates to show off your own personal style
- Anti-Rotation Mechanism - Key/tool stack can be set to the preferred tension, clicks every 90 degrees, and prevents unintended loosening
- KeyportID Lost & Found Service - Unique serial number laser engraved onto the chassis; each Pivot comes with a 2-year subscription
Keyport Pivot 2.0 with Various Custom Faceplates & Pocket Flare Module
Pre-Ordering the Pivot 2.0
Instead of using Kickstarter this time, we will launch pre-orders for the Pivot 2.0 on our website 10am PT on Wednesday, 9/23.
We will be offering the following Pivot 2.0 versions:
- Aluminum - 0.7 oz. - Anodized Colors: Black, Red, Silver, Blue, Orange - $24.99
- Stainless Steel - 1.4 oz. - PVD Colors: Spectrum - $34.99
- Titanium - 0.8 oz. - Colors: Natural Glass Bead Blast - $59.00
While the weight of stainless steel is double that of the aluminum Pivot, it is still very comfortable to carry by all accounts. To put this into perspective, a 4-port Slide also weighs 1.4 oz.
How to (Pre) Order
Pre-orders for the Pivot 2.0 will launch on Wednesday, 9/23 at 10am PT on our website.
PREORDERS ARE NOW LIVE - http://bit.ly/pivot2-preorder
Those who place a pre-order in the first 48 hours will receive 25% OFF of the MSRP. This will be followed by a smaller discount for those who pre-order after the initial discount period.
We have established a minimum $12,000 pre-order amount to place the p.o. with our manufacturer. So the faster we reach it, the sooner we can get started on production. The Pivot 2.0 will be ready approximately 8 weeks from order placement.
Weekly Drawings & Giveaways
We have very limited number of black aluminum Pivot 2.0s available. For every 25 black aluminum units pre-ordered, we will randomly select one to ship right away, while supplies last. The earlier you place your order, the more chances you have of getting yours shipped because you will be in every drawing after your order.
For those of you who choose something other than black aluminum, we've got something for you as well. Everyone who pre-orders a Pivot 2.0 will be included in a bi-monthly giveaway for a black aluminum Pivot 2.0.