From Wall St. to Main St., it is hard to go a day without hearing about Bitcoin, crypto, NFTs, or blockchain technology. For those of you who have experience with any of these, you are probably already familiar the Ledger hardware wallet. Instead of leaving your crypto or NFTs in an online account like Coinbase or OpenSea, Ledger wallets securely store the digital keys for your cryptocurrency and NFTs which enable you to buy, sell, and exchange your crypto assets. Headquartered in France, Ledger wallets are one of the, if not THE, top brand in hardware wallets.
Ledger wallets are not much bigger than a flash drive, particularly the Ledger Nano S which is 2.24" x 0.69" x 0.36" (56.95mm x 17.4mm x 9.1mm) and weighs 0.57 oz (16.2 g). Up until now, they have either been carried on a bulky, jingly keychain or independently, which means that they can get lost easily due to their small size.
After speaking with members of the Ledger team, we felt strongly that Keyport could add value to those who carry a Ledger Nano S crypto wallet in the following ways:
- Provide a protective housing (Keyport Pivot 2.0) that is as modern and streamlined in design as Ledger products
- Allows customers to carry their Ledger Nano S safely and securely at all times alongside their keys and pocket tools. Their Ledger will be protected instead of dangling from a tiny split ring and get scratched amongst all that sharp metal.
- No need to remove the Ledger from an unwieldy keychain to use it
- Convenient access to a mini charging cable via the WeeLINK USB to USB micro charging cable with magnetic docking module
- Similar to a traditional keychain, if you lose your Ledger, there is a very high likelihood that you will never get it back. While a lost Ledger is no big deal so long as you have backup of your digital keys, the Keyport Pivot may prevent you from losing it in the first place. The Keyport Pivot comes with a two-year subscription to KeyportID lost & found service. KeyportID provides an anonymous and direct connect between finder and owner in an effort to coordinate the Pivot's (and therefore Ledger Nano's) safe return.
- Keyport provides customers an opportunity to customize their ideal everyday carry device - material, color, keys, pocket tools, tech like the Ledger Nano S, and faceplates to show off their own style.
Choose from three different options :
- Adapter Only - Fills in the large hole in the Ledger Nano S to fit safely and securely in the Keyport Pivot. Perfect if you already have a Keyport Pivot and a Ledger Nano S.
- Adapter + WeeLINK Micro - Carry a WeeLlNK Micro USB Cable on your Pivot so you can fire up your Nano S on the go. The modular WeeLink housing snaps onto the side of your Pivot. The cable magnetically attaches/detaches to the docking module. If you want to carry the WeeLINK separately in you bag or a standard keychain, you need to add a Module Pocket Clip.
- Adapter + WeeLINK Micro + Keyport Pivot 2.0 / Black - If you don't have a Keyport Pivot, this is the best option for you to take your Ledger Nano S everywhere and make it an essential part of your everyday carry.
In our continuing line of firsts, Keyport is the first company to integrate a hard wallet into an everyday carry ecosystem, or more specifically a key organizer. While we have not officially partnered with Ledger on this, we hope that they will recognize the value it brings to its customers and help us to make Ledger an essential part of everyday carry along with your keys, wallet, and smartphone. We want you to be ready to use or trade your digital assets anywhere, anytime instead of relegating your hardware wallet to a drawer or safe for occasional use.