The Keyport Slide 2.0 is compatible with a wide variety of transponder-chipped keys. The Chipped Side Plate mounts to the side of your Keyport Slide 2.0 so your auto's transponder chip doesn't take up a port like it does with the Auto Chip Insert.
Comes with your auto's transponder chip already mounted and ready to be programmed. To find out if your auto needs a transponder chip, click here enter the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
1. Please be sure to order a Keyport Blade for your auto if you are ordering the Chipped Side Plate. Keyport Blades must be ordered separately, and you must submit a Key ID Form after you place your order.
2. If you already have a Chipped Auto Insert and you know what chip you need from a previous order, please tell us the chip code located on the silver sticker of your Auto Chip Insert and the Make, Model, and Year of your vehicle when you place your new order (in the notes).
3. If your auto is On-Board Programmable it makes sense to simply purchase a new Chipped Side Plate. If you had your Auto Chip Insert programmed by an auto dealer or an auto locksmith, you may want to transfer the chip you have into the Chipped Side Plate. In this case, please see Note 4 below.
4. Do not try to transfer your transponder chip from an Auto Chip Insert to the Chipped Side Plate. Transponder chips are extremely fragile and will no longer work with the slightest damage. We are happy to transfer your chip for you. Please click here to order the Chip Transfer product.
5. This product is only compatible with the Keyport Slide 2.0.
6. We recommend only one transponder chip per Keyport Slide 2.0. Multiple chips will cause interference so neither chip will work.This product will NOT be compatible with the Keyport Slide 3.0 or the Keyport Pivot upon their release.